Declaring Voluntary bankruptcy

20 Jul 2012 by Anthony Warner in Bankruptcy

To declare bankruptcy on a voluntarily basis, you must fill out and submit the necessary bankruptcy forms. At Get Debt Free we offer a bankruptcy form completion service where we will assist you to complete these forms for a fixed fee of $400. On these forms you must provide details about yourself and your personal financial situation including:

  • Your assets
  • Your liabilities
  • Your income and other personal details

It is imperative that these forms are filled in accurately and truthfully. If you make incorrect or misleading statements you could be guilty of an offence under the Bankruptcy Act and the period of your bankruptcy could be extended from the usual 3 years to either 5 or 8 years, depending on the nature and severity of the offence.

You will also be required to read, and to formally acknowledge that you have read, the Prescribed Information booklet which is published by AFSA. Reading it is compulsory before the AFSA will accept your bankruptcy application.

Once the forms have been completed and submitted they will be reviewed by the official receiver at the AFSA. If accepted, you’ll receive a bankruptcy number which will be recorded on the National Personal Insolvency Index which is maintained by AFSA.

Get Debt Free has a privately registered trustee on staff who can both act as your trustee during your bankruptcy, and provide advice prior to your bankruptcy application.

We also offer a form filling service, which includes a financial assessment to determine if bankruptcy is the right option for you . In addition we will also assist with the completion of the forms so as to ensure they are completed accurately and truthfully. This service is provided for once off fixed fee of $500. Call today to get your bankruptcy application fast tracked. Our toll free line is 1800 98 10 70.